Thursday, February 24, 2011

Creating Your Resume


If you haven't already developed a resume, starting one on your own can be an overwhelming task.  What information should I include? How do I write an objective statement?  Should I include my references?  How should I organize my information?

There are many different opinions on what you should and should not include in your resume and it also depends on where you are in your career.  Overall, your resume should be a reflection of you.  There are also a numerous amount of sources that offer resume tips, from websites, to career centers, to books, to opinions from human resource departments and anyone able to post their ideas online.  So where do you start?  Arielle Blanchard, President of WiB, has compiled all of the basics and tips for starting your resume into a simple and easy to follow PowerPoint presentation.
(To view the presentation click here: Resume Tips-WiB )

Other useful sources:

Canisius College Career Center
MSN & Careerbuilder Search
Applying to Business School? Resume Perils to Avoid-Business Week

No comments:

Post a Comment